Charities, Clubs and Societies Officer
Mhairi Harris Hello! I am Mhairi Harris and I will be running for the position of Charities, Club’s and Societies! You may remember me from last year when I held a General Representative position and thanks to last year, I now feel ready to take up a more challenging role. I have wanted this position […]
I am Mhairi Harris and I will be running for the position of Charities, Club’s and Societies!
You may remember me from last year when I held a General Representative position and thanks to last year, I now feel ready to take up a more challenging role. I have wanted this position since I first found the SRC, and feel I can bring a lot to the role as I am very involved in this aspect of student life. Therefore, I am ready to GO!
I believe that the council has done an amazing job, so I would like to continue that as well as build on some issues.
- Be the most energetic person on council, I will not be afraid to speak up and represent.
- Raise awareness of how the SRC can help clubs and societies, rather than just purely for affiliation.
- Look into securing funding from other sources. Rather than just pressing the usual areas, I want to expand, ask anyone and everyone until someone gives in and says YES!
- Be someone people feel they can approach and work with.
VOTE: MHAIRI HARRIS #1 for Charities, Clubs and Societies officer!
I’m Vicky, a 2nd year psychology student, and I believe that getting involved in activities outside our studies is an incredibly important part of the university experience. As the current Campaigns Officer for GULGBTQ+, one of the largest student societies at our university, I have learned to communicate issues surrounding the LGBTQ+ community and fundraise for related charities, which are skills I believe I could apply in this SRC role. I am also a committee member of oSTEM society and an active member of Amnesty International. My work in these societies has shown me how different societies work and how they can greatly benefit from support by the SRC. Throughout the year I have also been encouraging communication between related societies by planning collaborative events, this includes recently joining the International Women’s Week planning committee.
If I elected I will:
- Continue to support teamwork between societies, especially during SRC events such as Welfare Week;
- Encourage more involvement of societies in charity based SRC events;
- Support student media and encourage societies to use this media to publicise their events;
- Ensure all students find societies they are interested in, through the promotion of the Freshers’
and Refreshers’ fairs.