How do I re-affiliate my society?
Clubs and societies are required to submit affiliation forms every academic year if they wish to remain affiliated.
SRC Affiliation for 2019/20 is now open. You can download an affiliation application pack here
*Please note our offices are currently closed, however we are still responding to emails. If you would like to re affiliate your club, please email the above form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your constitution has changed from last year, you will need to submit this as well, with any changes highlighted. *
As of last year, societies require a minimum of 15 members to be eligible to affiliate to the SRC.
The induction for all clubs and societies is a compulsory part of SRC affiliation and you are be expected to ensure that your main office bearers (minimum of two) and potential minibus drivers attend the induction in order to maintain your affiliation.
A club/society should:
- Have a minimum of 3 office bearers
- Ensure that all committee members are current students of the university
- Have a minimum of 15 members
- Have no more than 20% non-student members
- Not replicate the remit of an existing club or society. A club or society must be able to clearly demonstrate its specific purpose and identity, and for this to be different from any other pre-existing club or society.
Societies that are continuing their affiliation from 2018/19 will be able to affiliate under a streamlined system if their constitution has not changed since their previously submitted constitution and they submit the following documentation:
- A completed SRC affiliation form for 2019/20.
- A completed membership list with student numbers.
- A completed constitutional statement.
- A completed Equalities statement.
Forms for SRC affiliation will be available for download in due course.
You must bring a paper copy of the membership list when handing in your affiliation forms to the Welcome Point.