How do I re-affiliate my society?
Clubs and societies are required to submit affiliation forms every academic year if they wish to remain affiliated.
As of last year, societies require a minimum of 15 members to be eligible to affiliate to the SRC.
The induction for all clubs and societies is a compulsory part of SRC affiliation and you are be expected to ensure that your main office bearers (minimum of two) and potential minibus drivers attend the induction in order to maintain your affiliation.
A club/society should:
- Have a minimum of 3 office bearers
- Ensure that all committee members are current students of the university
- Have a minimum of 15 members
- Have no more than 20% non-student members
- Not replicate the remit of an existing club or society. A club or society must be able to clearly demonstrate its specific purpose and identity, and for this to be different from any other pre-existing club or society.
Societies that are continuing their affiliation from 2018/19 will be able to affiliate under a streamlined system if their constitution has not changed since their previously submitted constitution and they submit the following documentation:
- A completed SRC affiliation form for 2018/19.
- A completed membership list with student numbers.
- A completed constitutional statement.
- A completed Equalities statement.
Forms for SRC affiliation are available to download here:
You must bring a paper copy of the membership list when handing in your affiliation forms to the Welcome Point.