UPDATE [24/03/20]: Given that the UK is now effectively under lockdown - we would advise any students who wish to take part in this campaign that they do so with extreme caution, following all government guidelines where possible. If you're going out shopping for necessities, you could still pick up a few things for your vulnerable neighbours, but please don't flout the lockdown rules as they are in place to save lives.
Official University of Glasgow Guidance
UPDATE [March 30th]: The UK is now in lockdown - please stay at in your home and only go out to get vital supplies or for one hour of exercise. Please see the University website for full details.
The University and College Union (UCU) have announced a second round of strikes commencing on the 20th February, over a four-week period.
The full strike dates are:
There are 41 positions up for grabs in the SRC Spring 2020 election. This is your chance to be part of the governing body at the heart of the SRC and to help ensure that the University is doing the best for the students.
Pop Up Study Spaces, Dec 2019.
What is the settlement scheme?
- If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status, depending on how long you have lived in the UK.
- The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.
- You can apply now if you meet the criteria. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021 (assuming the UK leaves with a deal).
- If the UK leaves the EU without a deal you will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020.
- It’s free to apply to the scheme.
Links below with more information:
The SRC has worked with the University of Glasgow to provide free sanitary products for all University of Glasgow students! Using a grant provided by the Scottish Funding Council we have made this available to help tackle period poverty on campus.
There are 21 positions up for grabs in the SRC Autumn 2019 election. This is your chance to be part of the governing body at the heart of the SRC and to help ensure that the University is doing the best for the students.