Autumn Elections 2017
There are 15 positions up for grabs in the SRC Autumn 2017 election. This is your chance to be part of the governing body at the heart of the SRC and to help ensure that the University is doing the best for the students.
There are 15 positions up for grabs in the SRC Autumn 2017 election. This is your chance to be part of the governing body at the heart of the SRC and to help ensure that the University is doing the best for the students. Election packs for all the different constituencies are available for download below; they detail the nomination process, guidelines for manifestos and for campaigning. Good luck!
Remember in order to stand in SRC elections and vote you must be fully registered (completed both academic and financial registration).
Positions contested in this election.
- Gender Equality Officer
- Gender and Sexual Diversity Officer
- School of Education
- School of Geographical & Earth Science
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- Undergraduate College Convenor Arts*
- Postgraduate Social Sciences Convenor*
- Postgraduate Science and Engineering Convenor*
- Postgraduate Research Convenor*
- 2 x First Year Representatives
- 4 x General Representatives
* This position sits on Council of Senate.
The scheduled dates for the election process are as follows:
- Nominations open – 18th September
- Nominations close – 4pm, 29th September
- Candidates meeting – 5th October, 1pm, Williams Room
- Hustings – 6.30pm, 11th October, Room 201, McIntyre Building
- Polling opens – 9am, 12th October
- Polling closes – 5pm, 12th October
- Election Results – 12th October, around 6.30pm, Room 201, McIntyre Building
If a candidate is successful there will be council training over the weekend of the 14th and 15th October. The first SRC council meeting will take place on the 19th October.