Postgraduate Convenor – Social Science
Ion Seng Lam My name is Ion Seng, Lam. I am a Chinese postgraduate student (Msc Financial Forecasting and Investment) from Adam Smith Business School. I worked as an officer for a club before and a currency trader at a bank for two years. University of Glasgow is one of the best universities around the […]
Ion Seng Lam
My name is Ion Seng, Lam. I am a Chinese postgraduate student (Msc Financial Forecasting and Investment) from Adam Smith Business School. I worked as an officer for a club before and a currency trader at a bank for two years.
University of Glasgow is one of the best universities around the world, but I believe that our university can be even better. More important, I believe that I can achieve this goal by representing all the students’ voices.
- Improving communication between students, schools, colleges and university.
- Helping international students and first-year students to adapt campus life.
- Improving academic events and social events of Social Science College. Gaining more resources from University.
- Increasing academic interactions between students.
- Improving course structure of Social Science College and learning outcome for students.
- Installing hot water dispensers in school.
- Diversifying cuisine and dishes of eating outlets.
- Extending minibus service to resident halls to 12 a.m, facilitating students to get home from library.
- Reducing education fee.
- Increasing environmental awareness among students
- Increasing cultural education among students
Hi, I’m Frankie and I’m currently studying towards my PGDE in Secondary Spanish and French. I studied my undergraduate degree in Spanish and French here at Glasgow also, graduating in 2014.
Having served on the SRC as the School Representative for Modern Languages and Cultures in 2013-14, student representation is something that is extremely close to my heart. During my time as a school rep, I sat on the university’s Religion and Belief Equality Group and sat on Modern Languages Learning and Teaching Committee.
I believe that my previous experience would make me an ideal choice as PG Social Science Convenor. If elected, my aims would be:
• To work with all of council to ensure that postgraduate voices are heard and their needs are met.
• To change the system for electing Postgraduate convenors, by changing postgraduate elections to Autumn, ensuring that all PG students get a chance to run for a position on council and promote as wide a field of candidates as possible.
• To be a transparent member of council, by allowing regular contact between myself and students and maintaining regular contact with PG Social Science students, so as they know what I am doing as their representative.