Age Equality Officer
Elliot Napier Hi, I’m Elliot Napier. I’m a mature student studying History and Central and East European Studies. Here’s why I’d like you to elect me your Age Equality Officer. Before university I was a welfare representative on the national committee of my employer’s LGBT association. I was also selected to represent our members […]
Before university I was a welfare representative on the national committee of my employer’s LGBT association. I was also selected to represent our members at a European congress and was able to raise my constituents’ problems at a transnational level and share best practice with others from across the world. All of this brought me a wealth of experience in speaking out for others, dealing with diverse welfare needs and challenging unfair treatment.
If you elect me your Age Equality Officer, I will:
• lobby for larger nursery provision at the new campus at the Western Infirmary
• promote events where under-18s can participate on an equal footing with over-18s
• promote better information for prospective mature applicants on entry qualifications and what support is available
• be available for students at regular campus surgeries
• engage with all students, the Mature Students Association, Gilchrist PG Club and other societies to tackle all age-equality issues
Vote for an experienced voice, ready to speak up for all. Vote Elliot Napier #1 for Age Equality Officer.