Autumn Elections 2018
There are 20 positions up for grabs in the SRC Autumn 2018 election. This is your chance to be part of the governing body at the heart of the SRC and to help ensure that the University is doing the best for the students. Election packs for all the different constituencies are available for download below; they detail the nomination process, guidelines for manifestos and for campaigning. Good luck!
Remember in order to stand in SRC elections and vote you must be fully registered (completed both academic and financial registration).
- Drop in session Friday 21st September 1pm, Williams room, McIntyre Building
- Drop in session Wednesday 26th September 5pm, Gilchrist Seminar Room, Gilbert Scott Building
- Nominations Close Friday 28th September 4pm, Welcome Point, McIntyre Building
- Candidates’ Meeting Thursday 4th October 1pm, Williams Room, McIntyre Building
- Hustings Tuesday 9th October 6pm, Room 201, McIntyre Building
- Polling Opens: Thursday 11th October at 9am
- Polling Closes: Thursday 11th October at 5pm
- Results: Thursday 11th October 6.30pm – Room 201,McIntyre Building
If a candidate is successful there will be council training over the weekend of the 13th and 14th October. The first SRC council meeting will take place on the 18th October.
Please ensure that you read all information for candidates included in the nomination packs available for each position below as well as these additional guidelines found here.
Positions contested in Autumn 2018 Elections
- 4 x General Representative
- 2 x First Year Representative
- PG Convenor Science and Engineering
- PG Convenor MVLS
- PG Convenor Arts
- School of Critical Studies
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Chemistry
- School of Geographical & Earth Sciences
- School of Psychology
- School of Education
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Welfare and Equal Opportunities Officers
- Race Equality Officer
- Gender and Sexual Diversity Officer
- Disability Equality Officer