Clubs and Societies affiliation is open for 2017/18!
The affiliation process for 2017/18 is now open! The SRC has now opened affiliations for the new academic session. Clubs and societies can now submit affiliation forms in order to access the benefits affiliating to the SRC such as grants, room bookings and minibus hire. The process for affiliating has been updated and there has […]
The affiliation process for 2017/18 is now open!
The SRC has now opened affiliations for the new academic session. Clubs and societies can now submit affiliation forms in order to access the benefits affiliating to the SRC such as grants, room bookings and minibus hire.
The process for affiliating has been updated and there has been changes to the affiliation criteria for this year, so please check carefully the process for societies wishing to re-affiliate from 2016/17 or if you wish to start a complete new society.
A club/society whether new or seeking to reaffiliate should have:
- A minimum of 3 office bearers + 12 ordinary members
- All committee members must be current students of the university
- Have no more than 20% non-student members
- Not be affiliated with GUSA
- Do not replicate the remit of an existing club or society. A club or society must be able to clearly demonstrate its specific purpose and identity, and for this to be different from any other pre-existing club or society. Clubs which promote short-term or very specific causes are not generally affiliated by the SRC.
The forms for SRC affiliation 2017/18 are available to download here: SRC Affiliation Pack 2017/18.
You can also download our new membership list format that we would request all clubs and societies complete with details of their office-bearers and membership in alphabetical order when submitting their affiliation request.
Keeping membership lists and office-bearer details current ensures that instances such as booking the SRC minibus or claiming SRC grants are able to proceed efficiently.
Affiliation is open until the 1st June 2018. Clubs and societies must be affiliated by 30th March 2018 in order to be eligible for a Freshers Fair stall for 2018. You can find other key dates for societies in our Club and Societies Handbook.
Please be aware that unless you affiliate to the SRC you may be unable to use university services such as Central Timetabling until you re-affiliate for 2017/18.