VCS Awards 2014 Winners
The 2014 VCS Awards ceremony was held on the 27th March in Room 201 of the John McIntyre Building.
This year was another incredible year for our volunteers and affiliated of clubs/societies. As we stand we have over 1,000 registered volunteers and over 250 affiliated societies at the University. Which is great to see so many students having an opportunity to get involved and develop skills outwit their degree. This also meant that there is a huge pool for nominations to come from, which made our decision so much more difficult. We received over 60 nominations this year, with the positions of Most Dedicated Member and Best New Society leaving us with some tough decisions to make. For photos from the event and a little blurb as to why each winner was chosen check out the VCS Awards 2014 page.
Below is the list of clubs/societies/members & volunteers who won the various categories on the night.
- Fundraising Award: GU Mary’s Meals Group
- Innovation Award: Glasgow University Service to the Homeless
- Publicity Award: Amnesty International
- Students and the Community Award: Enactus Glasgow
- Exceptional Event: “Question Time” – Dialectic Society
- Working in Partnership Award: Glasgow Marrow
- Pride of Volunteering: Ashleigh Gough and Charlie Stamenova (Nightline)
- Volunteer of the Year: Marija Uzkuraityte
- Best New Club/Society: GU Tech Society
- Most Dedicated Member Award: Jame Hamilton (Paediatrics Society)