Student Teaching Awards 2014 Winners Announced
The 2013/14 Student Teaching Awards Ceremony was held on the 14th of March in the University’s Senate Room.
The STAs 2013/14 were a great success, with entertainment from Choral Stimulation and awards presented by many SRC Council members. We received around 750 nominations, nominating 354 unique staff across the University. This gave the SRC panel who picked the shortlists and winners an incredibly tough job. For photos of the event as well as the full list of those who were shortlisted and the eventual winners, please check out the Student Teaching Awards 2013-14 page.
The winners were as follows.
- Best College Teacher – College of Science & Engineering: Calum Cossar
- Best College Teacher – College of Social Sciences: Ammon Cheskin
- Best College Teacher – College of Arts: Ben Colburn
- Best College Teacher – College of MVLS: Ed Tobias
- Outstanding Contribution to Teaching: Jane MacKenzie, Lymphoedema PG Teaching Team & Matthew Walters
- Best Advisor of Studies: Elizabeth Tanner
- Best Class Representative: Jakub Czech
- Best Support Staff: Alison Bennett
- Focus on Employability Award: Brian Baillie
- Best Supervisor UG: Cian O’Driscoll
- Best Supervisor PG: Georgina Collins
- Best Postgraduate who Tutors: Patricia ‘Iolana
- Best Feedback Award: Michelle Welsh
- Innovative Teaching: Willy Maley