Race Equality Officer
Spring Elections 2020
Moni Serneabat Ungar
Hiya! My name is Moni Serneabat Ungar and I am a second year Film and TV studies student running for re-election as SRC Race Equality officer. I am half Bengali and a quarter Czech, born and raised in South West London, with a strong connection to my Bengali heritage.
Last year, I set up the university’s first ever BAME Society. I have achieved a lot this year and taken action on most of the aims I promised to achieve last year:
- I have hosted events and discussions alongside GUBAME and GUSAS, that are accessible and inclusive.
- I have been successful in lobbying the university and departments to work towards decolonising our curriculums and our university
- I have run workshops which aim to discuss racial equality in everyday life and on campus
This year I hope to make more effort to:
- Collaborate with other officers to develop more intersectional approaches for creating projects and campaigns
- To host regular discussions for students on important issues related to developing anti-racist practice