School of Culture and Creative Arts Representative
Autumn 2019 Elections
Hi, my name is Tomasz Kleczkowski. I am in my third year of Music BEng (Electronics with Music). I am standing to be your School representative for 2019/2020.
I have experience as a class rep for my course for two years; first in the School of Engineering and then in the Music department. This unique experience has given me insight into how matters are handled in different parts of the university. I am committed to representing the students in this School and work for improvement wherever needed.
If elected, my priority will be to work with students, staff and the SRC to ensure that the School of Culture and Creative Arts is a welcoming place that offers a valuable experience to students of all backgrounds; and that the School is well represented within the university. I will press for change in the School wherever necessary. I will regularly meet with class representatives to help make sure that the feedback process is running smoothly
Matters I will raise with the school include:
- More career events focused on arts and culture.
- Instrument storage space for students on music courses.
- Lecture recording.
- More common rooms and facilities.
Thank you for your support.
Hello! My name is Beth O’Hare and I am a fourth year Theatre Studies student running for School of Culture and Creative Arts Representative.
Having previously been head girl I have always had a passion for student representation. I have been involved with the SRC as a Fresher’s Helper since 2018 and this year was given the role of deputy team leader. I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience and I would like to get more involved in the student body.
I am currently the Inclusion Representative in the university’s Irish and Northern Irish society. My role is to ensure everyone is welcome, included and that their voices can be heard. I believe these skills are transferable to the role of school representative.
If elected, I will:
- Create good connections with class representatives, fellow students, staff and societies within the school to ensure that everyone can get the best experience possible. I will be an active representative to ensure any issues are resolved and improvements are made.
- Aim to have more events focused on careers and possibilities after a degree within the creative arts and culture.
Thank you for reading and I hope I can count on your vote!