Planes, Trains and Automobiles (and buses)
Public transport information
Please click on the following for general information and timetables for buses, coaches, trains and planes.
- Glasgow Public Transport Journey Planner (Traveline)
- Glasgow Rail Information
- Glasgow Bus Information
- Glasgow Subway/Underground Information
- Glasgow International Airport
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- The AA Route Planner
Student concessions on buses, coaches and trains
If you are a young person under the age of 26 years, or older but in full-time education, then you may be able to get travel discounts on certain coach and rail services, and if you 16-18 years old, you may get concessions on bus services.
Buses (for travel within city limits)
- First Bus website
- List of bus services which go past campus
- Wheelchair passenger information
- Young Scot Card concessions for 16-18 year olds On First Buses
- Other regional bus services to and from Glasgow City Centre
- West Coast Motors
- McGills Buses
Accessible bookable MyBus travel information for passengers with disabilities.
Coaches (usually between towns and cities)
- National Express
- Young Person’s Coach Card
- Citylink coach service between Glasgow and other Scottish and UK cities
- Citylink assisted travel information
- Citylink Student Discount
- Megabus you can sometimes find very cheap deals on coach travel between Glasgow and other Scottish and UK cities
For rail travel within or outwith Glasgow, you could buy a Young Person’s Railcard for £30 and reduce the cost of most UK travel by up to 1/3. Anyone between 16 and 25 (or mature students aged 26 or over and in full time education) can apply for these cards: Student railcard. One of the main things to watch with this card is it cannot be used before 10am on weekdays!
Accessible rail travel information for passengers with disabilities.
The Glasgow Subway
Although there is no actual student discount, information on saving on Smartcards and Zonecards available here: Student Subway Information