International Students Officer
Hussein El-Ajouz Hello, my name is Hussein El-Ajouz, and I am in my second year studying Business Management & Psychology. I am running for the position of the International Students Officer because I feel very connected to the large international student population of our university. I myself come from an international background. Being Lebanese and […]
Hello, my name is Hussein El-Ajouz, and I am in my second year studying Business Management & Psychology. I am running for the position of the International Students Officer because I feel very connected to the large international student population of our university. I myself come from an international background. Being Lebanese and having lived abroad for most of my life, I know what kind of issues international students face and how to potentially improve their university experience.
Why vote me?
- I am approachable and have an extensive network of international friends, which makes me a natural candidate for this position.
- Involved in campus life, i.e. through being an active member of several societies such as the Marketing Society, Entrepreneurship Society and NomYap
- I have excellent communication and leadership skills, which I have enhanced through taking part in several skill-development programs
- Currently President of the Middle Eastern Society
- Work with the SRC to provide international students with the best possible experience across campus
- Help international freshers integrate at university
- Get students involved in several projects and activities
- Bring students’ comments and concerns forward to the council
VOTE HUSSEIN#1 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS OFFICER!
Hi, I’m Thao, an Economics student, who is aspiring to become your International Students Officer for 2016/2017.
Having a multicultural background (I’m Vietnamese Czech) and also being a German Class Representative, I believe that I have an insight of both International and EU community and I’m able to recognize their needs, therefore, could objectively improve the International Student experience through the SRC.
I am also actively engaging in different societies including being the Secretary of the Vietnamese Society, where I’m in charge of managing and working with sensitive information as well as co-organizing networking events.
My aims and objectives:
• Work with GUISOC and hand-in-hand encourage internationality.
• Provide extra support at the beginning and the end of the year to deal with issues such as visas, fees, and accommodation.
• Ensure that there is an effective communication between students and staff-emails only when needed to emphasize the importance (e.g. no Tier 4 emails to EU and home students).
• Initiate the start of a voluntary support programme mainly for international freshers to help them familiarize themselves with the new environment even before they arrive.
I am approachable and willing to help to improve our UofG experience as much as possible.