Charities, Clubs and Societies Officer
Pritasha Kariappa My name is Pritasha Kariappa and I’m a 3rd year undergraduate studying Digital Media & Information Studies. I’m a sociable, organised and approachable person and believe this role is perfect for me! Having been a Fresher’s helper this year, it’s given me the chance to be involved in SRC organised events such as […]
My name is Pritasha Kariappa and I’m a 3rd year undergraduate studying Digital Media & Information Studies. I’m a sociable, organised and approachable person and believe this role is perfect for me!
Having been a Fresher’s helper this year, it’s given me the chance to be involved in SRC organised events such as Fresher’s week, Children in Need & the Refresher’s fair.
• Help clubs and societies be more interactive by using suggestion boxes, hosting joint events and aiding the overall student experience
• Work to organise a variety of different fundraising events throughout the year
• Help increase awareness of the RAG community in order to allow more students to get involved
• Work and communicate effectively with the VP to ensure that all activities are executed in a creative and enjoyable manner
Previously a PR Convenor for GUPDC, my ability to promote events is one I pride myself on. I believe my enthusiasm as well as my outgoing nature will enable me to interact with students on a personal level, allowing me to give them a voice through which ideas can be shared throughout the University network.
I’m David Robertson, a second year Electronic & Software Engineering student.
For many of us, club/society activities form a central part of our student experience. They provide opportunities to make life-long friends and do things that we might not otherwise have a chance to do. At Glasgow we are lucky to have a wide range of clubs, societies, and charity groups (there is something for everyone), and I want to do everything I can to help them flourish.
This year, I have been involved with the management of two societies -GULGBTQ+ (as Publicity Officer) and Glasgow Marrow (as General Member, then Communications Coordinator). These roles have given me an insight into how university societies are run and what the SRC can do to support them.
I aim to:
- Provide a digital collaboration toolkit to help enable committees to more effectively run their clubs/societies.
- Encourage all societies to get involved in charitable causes.
- Promote the work of student charity groups by providing assistance with publicity and other resources.
- Promote collaboration between societies as a means of multiplying their impact.
- Campaign with the VPSA to increase the amount of funding available for societies.
- Provide support and advice for new societies.