Undergraduate Convenor – Science and Engineering
Adi Childs My name is Adi Childs. I am a third-year Mathematics student and I want to be Undergraduate Convener of the Science and Engineering College as I wish to take an active role in maintaining the university’s reputation for excellence and improving the College of Science and Engineering. I believe I am a good […]
My name is Adi Childs. I am a third-year Mathematics student and I want to be Undergraduate Convener of the Science and Engineering College as I wish to take an active role in maintaining the university’s reputation for excellence and improving the College of Science and Engineering. I believe I am a good candidate for the role as:
- I am passionate about science and the SRC, having been a freshers’ helper and a member of the PR team.
- I am friendly, approachable and will listen to all students.
- I am used to responsibility and the running of societies as I have been PR Secretary for Glasgow Student Dance Society and involved in many other societies, including MacSoc.
- I am confident, good at putting points across in a clear, logical manner and making sure I’m heard, so will be good at speaking for students at faculty, council and senate meetings.
If elected I will:
- Strive to engage students in science and the SRC.
- Work with the societies that have science or engineering themes to help them thrive and grow.
- Run regular working groups to discuss issues students have within the college.
We’re back for the second round,
And Muhammad Ali is nowhere to be found.
That’s probably good because I’m actually not that heavyweight,
But hopefully my SRC experience settles any debate.
Two years on the Council (it’s much thanks to you), has been rewarding and I’m still staying true.
So if you want to secure 24 hour access to labs as well as facilities,
Then casting your vote for me will hopefully secure those weekend tranquilities.
We shouldn’t forget that the university has a reputation for being flexible and open,
Well known from San Francisco to Copen(hagen)*.
Keeping this up should be a priority,
Ensuring flexible courses for a majority.
So if you agree with this,
Then please considering voting for me,
And we’ll together see how great our college can be.
*Closest place that rhymes with open
- Get the labs to be open 24/7
- Keep unique and flexible courses