School of Veterinary Medicine Representative
Lucy Taylor Hi all, My name is Lucy Taylor, I am in 4th year studying Veterinary Medicine. I am standing for this position as the School of Veterinary Medicine has not had a rep this past year, so there has been very little influence of the S.R.C. on our school, which is something I want […]
My name is Lucy Taylor, I am in 4th year studying Veterinary Medicine. I am standing for this position as the School of Veterinary Medicine has not had a rep this past year, so there has been very little influence of the S.R.C. on our school, which is something I want to change.
As we all study up at Garscube I think there is a tendency for us to feel distant from the Main University and not make full use of the support the S.R.C. has to offer. If elected this is a gap I would strive to bridge by:
- promoting the services the S.R.C. can provide for us within the Vet School.
- hosting surgeries to encourage students to come forward to raise any issues they have.
- ensuring regular meetings with staff to resolve the problems and concerns of the students.
- representing the opinions of the Vet School to the S.R.C. so our voice can be heard.
My name is Sarah Krumrie and I am a first year veterinary student from the United States. I believe I would represent the School of Veterinary Medicine well due to my personal strengths and previous experiences. Not only am I approachable, personable, and in my biased opinion, hilarious, but I am also responsible, determined, and fantastic at communication.
I have held many past and present leadership positions, including section leader and drum major in both high school and college (From ages 15-21, for those who do not know U.S. terminology), Vice President of Scholarship for my college sorority (Much different than what it looks like on television), current Glasgow University Veterinary Medical Association (GUVMA) first year representative, and current GUVMA representative for the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
I enjoy representing the voice of students and doing what I can to improve each students’ University experience. If chosen, I would represent the School of Veterinary Medicine to the best of my abilities and hopefully create a positive learning environment for my colleagues.
I’m Terri Steel, a second year veterinary student. I am running for the School of Veterinary Medicine SRC representative. I feel I am the ideal candidate for this role as I am enthusiastic and approachable. If elected I aim to:
- Ensure excellent representation of vet students within the SRC and identify their problems and concerns.I believe that there are several issues that expand beyond Garscube and must be brought up with the main university, The SRC is the best platform by which to approach this.As well as liaising with Class Reps and G.U.V.M.A., I intend to hold informal drop-in sessions prior to SRC council meetings, allowing all students the opportunity to discuss any issue they may have.
- Improve the profile of the SRC within the vet school. SRC offers a substantial amount of support to all students, from financial to emotional. Raising awareness of these services will greatly benefit all and ensure they’re utilised more frequently.