School of Engineering Representative
Anwar Abushaala I am nominating myself for the role of school of engineering representative as I strongly believe I will ensure that the quality of academia in our departments is maintained to a high standard. Having been a class rep before, I have a strong understanding of what their roles consist of and how I […]
I am nominating myself for the role of school of engineering representative as I strongly believe I will ensure that the quality of academia in our departments is maintained to a high standard. Having been a class rep before, I have a strong understanding of what their roles consist of and how I can be a strong link between them and the college convenor. Furthermore, I represent the University on the local ICE Graduates and Students branch. This shows that I am always thriving to promote the profession and ensure that our students leave with the best skills. I am also Vice President and Treasurer of two of the University’s leading societies.
- I will maintain strong links with all class reps in the school and make sure that their issues are dealt with efficiently.
- With the current change in course structure I will ensure that any issues arising due to this are addressed promptly.
- Work to promote students’ involvement in engineering institutions.
- I will work to make sure that the academic experience is an enjoyable one!
So #vote4Anwar !
Since fall 2013 I have been the class representative for second year mechanical engineers, a position which has given me useful insight on the current issues across all engineering disciplines and the chance to deliberate about them with admin staff.
I believe that there are several things that can be improved within our school and here are a few basic points on my agenda:
- Feedback is as important to us, as it is to the school and if I’m elected my first task will be to improve the way feedback is communicated across the school and get our voices heard on all and any matters that affect you.
- Enhance our ties with industry and engineering institutes with regard to site visits, networking events and opportunities for final year projects and graduate schemes.
- Promote and increase opportunities for current undergraduate students to get involved in relevant programs, research and internship positions and help them gain experience while in university.
Most importantly I’ll be there for you and listen to any suggestion or complaint you might have and do my best to bring it to the attention of our staff.
My name is Jakub and I am a third year student of Electronic and Electrical Engineering. Throughout the university I have been successful in my studies and appearing on the Engineering Excellence List every year.
I am also a class representative for my electronic engineering class. I have been representing the interests of my classmates for almost 3 years now. I believe there is plenty of room for positive change in the GU School of Engineering. I have learned that from the feedback I have been collecting since 2011. This is why I want to extend my responsibilities as a representative and become your voice in the School of Engineering.
As a fellow engineering student I understand the difficulties of exam preparation, limited exam feedback and major MyCampus annoyances. Therefore, during my time as a School Representative I will focus on the following:
- Improving exam feedback and softening regulations on viewing marked exam papers.
- Increasing availability of past exam paper solutions.
- Fighting MyCampus timetabling problems.
Vote JAKUB CZECH in March 2014 and enable positive change within the School of Engineering.