Business School Representative
Adela Piontek My name is Adela Piontek and I am running for the Adam Smith Business School Student Representative. Taking both Economics and Business courses I have noticed many shortcomings of current communication situation between staff and students, so I decided to try and do something about it! Key issues I would like to work […]
My name is Adela Piontek and I am running for the Adam Smith Business School Student Representative.
Taking both Economics and Business courses I have noticed many shortcomings of current communication situation between staff and students, so I decided to try and do something about it!
Key issues I would like to work on include:
- Poor feedback on coursework
- Transparency of marking criteria
- General communication channels between staff and students
I will also make sure that every single voice, no matter how quiet, is heard.
I am currently a Student Representative for my Spanish course and I have been Student Body Representative for both my High School and 1349 IB World School.
I believe that my 1st-year-student perspective allows me to bring in a fresh look on things and my previous experience with different needs of student body in several organisations allows me to bring in some interesting ideas into solving of existing issues. I also love
In recent rector elections, the majority of students expressed the opinion that we can speak for ourselves. Taking part in raising our voice is the reason why I am standing in these elections.
I have represented my former class for four years which helped me to develop the leadership and organizational skills necessary to be a good representative. I also realize how important the role of class representatives is and I promise to be easily accessible to all matters raised both through them and directly to me.
Being an experienced debater and public speaker I would make sure that student’s concerns and proposals are taken seriously.
If elected, I am going to address the following:
- Quality of feedback on essays which have been widely perceived as insufficient
- Recording of lectures would make it much easier to catch up for students who for serious reasons are unable to attend
- Provide students with more opportunities to get practical experience
With your support, I am going to work hard to improve our Business School experience at all levels.
For many years our school has not transferred from one working SRC Representative to another. Electing me successor to Marvin Karrasch would see this happen. I promise existing work and issues will be properly handed over and continued.
I’ve got the skills to run with this, for you, from day one: as a former SRC councillor (Disability Equality Officer 2012-13), who partook in and has kept up with developments in the lecture recording debate; while continuing to gain experience and achievement in university bodies, from the busy Disability Equality Group committee to ELIR.
My goals while in office would be:
- To ensure continuity of work in the post;
- Challenge the Business School to be a leading academic unit in adopting lecture recording, to match its leading international reputation;
- Strengthen our community and social capital, using communication channels to collaborate with other key stakeholders – including Class Representatives and our host of great student societies.
I am Matthew Clark, enjoying honours Business Management more everyday, wanting and ready to represent our school. When you think business, please vote Matthew #1 Business School Representative.