School of Medicine Representative
Hannah Gower Hello, my name is Hannah Gower and I am a second year medical student. I am really keen to represent our school in the SRC and feel the experience I have gained on the boards of the Dialectic Society, as treasurer, and the Karate Club, as vice-captain, has prepared me for this role: […]
Hello, my name is Hannah Gower and I am a second year medical student.
I am really keen to represent our school in the SRC and feel the experience I have gained on the boards of the Dialectic Society, as treasurer, and the Karate Club, as vice-captain, has prepared me for this role: having had the opportunity to represent the views of club and society members and respond to any concerns they may have raised.
If elected, I would be dedicated to representing medical students’ views and concerns, working with our class and school representatives to improve aspects of our course and degree experience.
I would also:
- Campaign against any further plans to reduce the opening hours of the Medical School Library.
- Promote and further communication between medical school representatives and the SRC.
- Communicate with medical students to identify any concerns and views they may have.
Hi, my name is Sam and I am a second year dental student here at Glasgow and I am hoping to be your School of Medicine Representative.
Having been a class rep in my first year and also working with the SRC as a Freshers’ Helper at the start of second year I have gained valuable experience in understanding and helping students with problems that they have. I am committed to the School of Medicine and want to vocalise all issues that students feel passionate about to ensure that all students fully enjoy their time at the University of Glasgow.
In my leisure time I am involved in the running of a theatre group in Glasgow which has developed my interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills. These are qualities that I will bring to the role of School Rep.
If elected I will:
- Be proactive in promoting awareness of issues within the School of Medicine
- Meet with students and class reps to help identify key issues
- Be dedicated in the role
- Be friendly and approachable to all students
I am enthusiastic about Glasgow and a dedicated, hard working student. I would love the opportunity to represent and work hard for you!
My name is Abdulwahab I’m studying Dentistry and I’m running for representative of the School of Medicine
I have worked on multiple projects from being on the organizational committee of the annual British Medical Dental Careers Fair to being the current rep for my class. Feedback from colleagues has suggested that I am a very good communicator and an excellent listener: but mostly I am very approachable. I put action into words. I look forward to relaying your concerns and bringing about change and enhancement to our educational environment whilst at the school of medicine
As Representative I aim:
- To identify Student concerns and problems
- To Improve the liaison between Students across School of Medicine and Glasgow University
- To ensure Medical Library caters for Medical and Dental Students in light of the constantly evolving technological environment