School Representative – Culture and Creative Arts
Lauren Mitchell Fellow students, My name is Lauren Mitchell and I believe that you should elect me for your Culture and Creative Arts School Representative for the following reasons: • I have had 15 years’ experience working in performing arts as well as receiving opportunities to represent several student bodies; • I was a first […]
My name is Lauren Mitchell and I believe that you should elect me for your Culture and Creative Arts School Representative for the following reasons:
• I have had 15 years’ experience working in performing arts as well as receiving opportunities to represent several student bodies;
• I was a first year class representative and I am well aware of the current issues facing the school and also the SRC;
• I have experience leading successful charity appeals and delegating tasks to other students through this;
• I am for more spaces being allocated on campus to students as it is very much needed;
• I am aware that there is an issue with regards to credit allocation in the school and one of my priorities is to resolve that;
• The subjects of this school are very dependent on each other. If elected I would encourage a culmination of them which has already been seen with some courses being taught over more than one subject;
• I would also aim for a more unified system in general between the subjects.
Thank you for considering me as your representative and I hope I can count on your vote at this election.
Hello, my name is Susan Yue and I’m a second year Film and Television Studies student. As a SRC Fresher’s Helper this year, I learned how the SRC works and how much the SRC could do to support students here. This enlightened me to run for School of Culture and Creative Arts Representative.
Being part of GUST (as the Lifestyle Producer) and GULGBTQ+ (as the international students’ officer), I believe I’m capable of making connections among people and absorb voices in every corner. The fact that I’m doing joint-honours with Sociology and taking History of Art level 1 as my third subject this year provides me an opportunity to see how students from different schools and years may have different opinions and requirements.
If elected, I will:
• Make connections between the SRC, class reps and individual students.
• Ensure that both the academic resources and the student supports are easily accessible to all students.
• Work with clubs/societies specific to subjects under the arts (such as the Cecilian and STaG) as well as those with general interests/hobbies.
• Provide off-campus opportunities related to subjects within the school, including links with The Glasgow School of Art and the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.