Undergraduate Convenor Arts
Kate Powell Hello, I’m Kate, a second year Theology & Religious Studies/Philosophy student. Glasgow is a great city and the University is a fantastic place in which to study. Like all good institutions, however, the University always needs to embrace change and take on new ideas simply to improve its offer to the people who […]
Hello, I’m Kate, a second year Theology & Religious Studies/Philosophy student. Glasgow is a great city and the University is a fantastic place in which to study. Like all good institutions, however, the University always needs to embrace change and take on new ideas simply to improve its offer to the people who study here. One way it can do this is to listen to the views of students and to try to meet their concerns. Being an SRC Fresher’s Helper this year gave me a great insight into how effective the council can be in getting the views of students and promoting them to the University. My aim is to bring something fresh to the existing values of the SRC for all students concerned in the Arts faculty.
I promise to:
• Ensure that any opinion presented to me by students are heard by the student council and auctioned upon.
• Encourage more social interaction between students in their lectures and seminars.
• Ensure more study spaces are more readily available during times of high demand especially the exam periods.
• Work with the departments to ensure students get consistent and constructive exam and essay feedback.
Vote for me!
I’m in first year studying geography, French and German. I am hoping to be your new College of Arts Convenor.
Being new to the university I feel as though I can bring fresh opinions and views to the SRC this year. I am very keen to work with the students and staff to make the university an even better place than it is now. Last year at school I led the charities committee which involved a great deal of organisation and team work in particular with the co-ordination of Charities Week. I also helped with the organisation of all the leavers’ events which required good time management and patience.
If elected I intend to:
• Work closely with class reps within the College of Arts to ensure all issues that arise are listened to and dealt with as quickly as possible.
• Improve the current situation with lecture recording and encourage staff to allow students to record lectures to improve learning.
• Look at the potential for increasing the availability of study space on campus away from the library.
I am very approachable and a good listener and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.