School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Hello, my name is Ruairi Turner and I’m a third-year Health and Social Policy student. I’ll be running to be your School Representative as I believe that the Interdisciplinary Campus and its students deserve to see change around the campus and to feel like they are a part of Glasgow University.
Why vote for me?
- Being a Health and Social Policy Representative and Senior Student Ambassador for two years has provided an insight into the internal workings of the SRC and clarified what is required to help improve student wellbeing and equality.
- I was nominated by several lecturers on campus for the Sir David Landale prize, awarded for being an active member of the campus and student body. This proves that I am a highly motivated and capable individual. I intend to become more active over the course of this next academic year.
Aims and Objectives
- Make crucial information about the SRC and the university more accessible to all students, encouraging collaborative change.
- Work with Students and Staff to help the Interdisciplinary Campus be more involved with the University of Glasgow.
- Continue to push for the Interdisciplinary Campus to become a ‘Healthy Campus’, which promotes student choice, action, and health.
My first few weeks in the MLitt Environment, Culture and Communication program have been an amazing experience. The more students I meet across campus and in town, the more I am happy to be in Dumfries and part of the incredibly tight-knit community here. I am running for the role of School Rep because I think that our distance from the main campus in Glasgow leaves our concerns largely unheard if there is not good student representation. I would like to serve the student body by listening to your concerns and ensuring they are heard and acted upon in Glasgow.
During my time as an undergraduate student at the University of Washington, I studied at a satellite campus in Bothell, Washington similar to our campus in Dumfries. While there, I re-started the Sustainability Club and organized several events, including tours of the nearby wetlands and film screenings to bring attention to local environmental issues. I would like to continue to grow as a leader by serving you as the School Rep for the School of Interdisciplinary Studies and building a stronger connection between us and the main campus. Thank you for your consideration.