Students for Life
Glasgow Students for Life
Glasgow Students for Life is a group of students who believe in the inherent dignity of the human person and in the inalienable right to life from conception until natural death; we as a society aim to promote that right. We do not seek to oversimplify difficult situations, nor do we intend to judge those who find themselves in such circumstances. Through truth and compassion we hope to create a Culture of Life, in which every person – regardless of gender, ability or socio-economic status – will have the opportunity to enter into this world and be treated with the dignity befitting a human being.
- To promote the inalienable right to life of every human person from conception until natural death
- To offer a Culture of Life option on campus which supports pregnant and parenting students
- To volunteer with, and raise money for, charities which promote a Culture of Life; these include charities which provide assistance to mothers in difficult situations (often given practically, financially and emotionally), adoption charities and suicide prevention charities
- To volunteer with, and raise money for, charities which offer post-abortion care to women, men and families, who require it
- To educate people about the development of the child in the womb, as we believe this is the best way to fully appreciate their humanity
- To make readily available information for those who may require help during or after a pregnancy
- To show that one can be pro-life and pro-woman, as the two are not mutually exclusive.
While choosing Life is not always the easiest option, we firmly believe that it is the most worthwhile.