Benefits at the end of your course
If you are finishing your course this summer, you may be considering claiming benefits until you find employment or start a new course.
If you are:
- Graduating this summer, or
- Otherwise finishing your course; and
- Don’t have any full or part-time work arranged; and
- Are not going to be working or living abroad, or
- Don’t have a summer placement lined up, or
- Don’t have volunteer work arranged
Then you might be considering claiming benefits to tide you over until you find employment or start a further course of study. Please see our Benefits Factsheet for some information about what benefits you might be able to claim. Please note this is only a quick guide — if you need more information please contact the Advice Centre.