Gavin Carre | Elected 2009
I am the best candidate for Engineering Convenor because;
• I was the student representative at my high school for the school board
• I have sat on the committee of a University club for 2 years
• I am not afraid of speaking out
I believe that I can represent the faculty more effectively than it has been recently. Changes are happening that directly affect the teaching standards within the engineering faculty. I would;
• Fight the SRC’s move to curtail companies, such as BAE, recruiting and advertising at fairs.
• Initiate a review of all service courses such as Managerial and Organisational Context.
• Tell you who your class representatives are and how to contact us.
• Send regular feedback to you on matters that affect us.
• Ask that a basic standard of teaching skills and communication is required of all teaching staff and that the University support teaching staff who have to improve their skills to reach that standard.